God Took His Angel Away

September 28, 2009 my dad quietly left me behind to be with the Lord. I took comfort in my mum. An angel in flesh.

No one ever had a bad word to say about her. Stern and born a head mistress but she had love thoroughly coursing through her veins, dishing help left right and center.

She ate through books like a proper bookworm. Always working. Super inquisitive.

God felt we have had it too good. Maybe we were getting too comfortable to think she was mortal like us. He suddenly and forcibly reminded us that she’s more of His than of us.

So on March 15, 2012, God took my mother away. Never for me to see her again. Never to share a moment with her again.

I’m sad. Cranky. But yet grateful in the life she led.

When I grow up, I want to be like her.

Sleep well. DT Olowe.

From 6 then 5. And all other numbers you can think of

Comments 18

1. Opeyemi wrote:

She has fought the good fight and has gone to rest. Painful and very sad though but take solace in the fact that she is in a better place. My condolence brother….God be wit ur and the family she left behind.

Posted 16 Mar 2012 at 2:35 am
  2. Iyabo Oladipo wrote:

Death is inevitable, we will all pay the price one day but when,where and how no one knows. May our works speak well of us after we have gone. Sure her good works are speaking for her even before her death. May God grant her eternal rest and I pray to God to comfort you all. It is well.

Posted 16 Mar 2012 at 3:37 am
  3. Yomi wrote:

Just added her on FB not long ago,so so sad,but am sure she is in a better place now. i hope everybody will find comfort in that

Posted 16 Mar 2012 at 4:25 am
  4. Ajanaku olakunle wrote:

infact mummy olowe is a good mother, i can not forget her good deeds especially her words of encouragement that she always lavish on me everymonth. Mummy may your gentle soul rest in perfect peace. We are all missing you here on earth.

Posted 16 Mar 2012 at 5:02 am
  5. Oluwatumininu Olowe wrote:

‘Didun ni iranti Olododo’, that is true of mummy. Let’s live our life too, so that it can be true of us…accept my condolence Bro.

Posted 16 Mar 2012 at 6:13 am
  6. Oyelakun Olateju wrote:

May God grant all the fortitude to bear the loss
    It is well with everybody she left behind.

Posted 16 Mar 2012 at 9:37 am
  7. Adepeju Siyanbola wrote:

May God grant you the fortitude to bear the loss.

Posted 16 Mar 2012 at 11:15 am
  8. Omolola Dele wrote:

I am speechless at the moment. Mummy Olowe dead!!! God have mercy!

Posted 16 Mar 2012 at 12:46 pm
  9. Nnamdi wrote:

May her gentle soul rest in peace…

Posted 16 Mar 2012 at 1:35 pm
  10. Fasoranti Abimbola wrote:

What a great loss. May her gentle soul rest in perfect peace & God will console u all.

Posted 16 Mar 2012 at 2:11 pm
  11. Bayo wrote:

No way! Too shocking for me. Am I dreaming?

Posted 16 Mar 2012 at 9:30 pm
  12. Ayo Tifase wrote:

… I remember our drive from Mowe last year when u spoke about her and how passionately u spoke… Condolence Bro… Condolences

Posted 17 Mar 2012 at 7:45 am
  13. tope adetoba wrote:

Did not meet her in person, but heard so much about her. The love she gives, has to be that of an angel. Her good deeds lives on, she died a worthy example.

Posted 17 Mar 2012 at 4:05 pm
  14. Kolawole Ariyibi wrote:

Hey… May her gentle soul rest in perfect peace. May the Lord Almighty feel d gap with mercy n love.

Posted 18 Mar 2012 at 8:29 pm
  15. Eleanor Mary Phiri wrote:

Heard a lot about your Mom. And the good examples left on the two daughters I have met here in Ireland who are so good and full of respect. They both adored her. God takes the best .May the soul of such a Sweet MOTHER rest in peace.

Posted 20 Mar 2012 at 1:13 am
  16. Olufunmilola Oyelowo wrote:

The way you always ask after my mum tells me how much you loved yours.
    “Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal”
    Adedeji, l know God almighty will heal every heartache that comes with the passing away of your loving Mum. Sweet memories of her will keep you going. It is well.

Posted 21 Mar 2012 at 11:17 am
  17. Samson Iyapo wrote:

“O death where is thy sting o grave where is thy victory”
    Gone to rest in the bossom of her maker after fighting the good fight of faith.
    Fortitude to bear the loss we pray oh Lord.

Posted 30 Mar 2012 at 3:00 pm
  18. Damilola wrote:

May her gentle soul rest in peace. Amen. May Almighty God keep you and watch over you and your family. You shall have limitless favours from today onwards and so shall it be. In Jesus Name. Amen

Posted 07 Apr 2012 at 10:40 pm