Is this a CFMAIL bug?

I just finished deploying a newsletter software showcasing some fancy CFFORM do da functions to the Library department. However, along the line, someone (up there) felt the user profile of the of the sender ID for the newsletter should be changed. We did the change on AD and since then, the mails have stopped coming in. Funnily, mails destined for subscribers outside my organization went fine, and if an internal email got copied, it got there. The mail only zaps into thin space when the TO address in internal. I troubleshot the servers, the firewalls, even messed the chat server up along the line (wanted people to share my grief, duh!).

I got fed up and left the stuff for a while (since Monday, I have been having nightmares of the honchos coming for my head). The CFMAIL is fed by a query to generate the content and the email addresses. Sometimes this evening, I removed the query and wrapped the CFMAIL within a CFLOOP (it does the same thing, just that CFMAIL with query directly is sexier) and it worked well…

I still don’t know if this is a known quirk or I’m getting something wrong.


Discover more from Adédèjì Ọlọ́wẹ̀

Subscribe to get the latest posts to your email.

Author: Adedeji Olowe

Adedeji / a bunch of bananas ate a monkey /

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Discover more from Adédèjì Ọlọ́wẹ̀

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading